View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 05:58 AM   #11
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Our oldest dog is a dachshund. At one time we were very worried about her. She laid around the house all day, slept too much for an adult dog, rarely played, just had no zest. I took her in and made them check her thyroid. They said it might be a tiny bit low but not enough to medicate. They reminded me she was no puppy and dogs do get less active as they age. Still, I knew it was not normal. Finally, convinced she had little time left, we decided to get another dog to give her some pleasure in her last days. So, in comes Maggie, the sweetest Yorkie ever; and a few weeks later Candy, the smartest dog I have ever seen, a Jack Russell. These two brought new life to Katy, our dachshund. Suddenly, she was playing, having spurts of puppy-speed activity, and smiling all the time! Life was good for all.

We lost Maggie at the groomers one horrible day and both Kate and Candy went into depression again. It was so sad! We were devastated at losing her, but it was even sadder because we felt like we were almost losing all three. Finally we decided another Yorkie was in order -- what a wonderful decision. Little Ben has brought new life into our home again. Candy and Kate warmed to him almost immediately and they all 3 play like puppies again. It is pretty hectic around this place and sometimes when they are all running at warp speed I wonder what we are doing, but they are happy, we are happy and that is what counts! In about a week, we will be bringing home furkid number 4! Don't want anyone lonely again!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!