View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 06:38 PM   #10
sharong
Senior Yorkie Talker

I commend you for the love and concern for your son and I am sure that he needs you but I think that you need to let him start being responsible for his behavior and seek answers for himself. I learned through a son of mine that I had to learn to "let go" and force him to grow up and be responsible for himself and his actions and decisions. I tried to rescue him through everything and I was always right there for him to pick him up. So many people told me "tough love". I finally saw how much it was affecting my life and my other children that I knew I had to give him a push and be accountable for himself. It was very hard but got easier and was very good for him also.

You have to think about yourself and your health. You also have an ill son who needs you. Put some responsibility on your son and let him know what it's doing to you and his brother. You don't need the added stress and worry.

Sorry to sound so cold hearted, but with six children and a crappy first husband, I have lived through and learned so much.

You and your family are in our prayers.
sharong is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!