View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 05:06 AM   #7
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Unlove NO Teacups

I've had a few Inquiries and I actually refused to sell to them, b/c they had no prior experience w/Yorkies and did not bother to do their Research.
I don't sell "Teacups" for $300.00 or for $1,000.00 for that matter. In fact I took 2 phone calls last night......she wanted a "Miniature Yorkie" that was only going to be 2 lbs. full grown for $1,000.00. All I get are requests for "Teacups" and I keep telling them Yorkies are Yorkies, there is no different size classifications or different types.
The un-educated Public doesn't care if the Puppies have; Straight Backs, Scissor bites or Over/under Shot Jaws, length that the tail is Docked, Champion Bloodlines in their Pedigree (last 3 Generations) Large Bat ears or if their ears are small and erect/standing.......they just care about how big it will get? I have real Yorkies that look and act like Yorkies and only Yorkies.
I refuse to sell them to people that have never had one only b/c I don't want them sold as an expensive "Purse Accessory" meaning just b/c they look "Cute" or b/c they saw someone else w/one? I try to make them understand that it is a Lifetime committment.......you can't not love them b/c
the puppy ended up being a whopping 7lbs. b/c most Breeders will lie and tell you what you want to hear, that it will only get 3lbs.!
I would rather be selfish and keep all of my puppies than sell them to a Home that only wants a Toy or ornament these are real lives in their hands.
Let me get off my Soap Box and quite preaching.......NO OFFENSE to Anyone on here, I'm just sick of Yorkies being judged by their weight and not any other criteria! It's called "GOOD BREEDING" it garantees good health and long lives, and that your getting the best! Besides just b/c their on here doesn't mean they know Yorkies? In fact most people are here to learn more.....I am anyway. I love all Yorkies regardless of their size, I think they are incredible dogs from the inside out!
artie merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!