View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
mickeyisagyrl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thumbs up Double review- Northern VA vet AND groomer

Tristan is back home in northern VA, and so this review is for that area.

Firstly, the veterinarian. We have used Dr. Dubissette at the Franklin Farm Veterinary Clinic since we had Misty (Rainbow Bridge 11/2004), around 15 years ago. She is a wonderful vet, always thinking of the family and the dog's well being, doesn't sugar coat (while still being gentle) if there's something wrong with the dog, and takes care of things quickly.
Example: last Friday, when my dad was putting some hypertension medication into his new bottle of medication, some of the pills fell on the floor, and Tristan ate one. We called Dr. Dubissette right away, and told us what she thinks we should do, but to call poison control anyway, then called us back later to make an appointment for him that day, and to find out if the treatment she recommended worked. She called us!

Her team is also fantastic. They're also very compassionate. If a dog (like Misty was) is being kenneled at the clinic, they take good care of the dog, making sure to play with the dog on down time, etc. With Misty, when she was sick, they would take her out of the kennel and brush her every day, just because they enjoyed it. Once they recognize the patient or the patient's family, they'll greet you by name when you walk in.

Now, the groomer-

Lindsey at Petsmart in Fair Lakes Shopping Center is a dear! Misty never needed grooming, so I don't know if a groomer is like a stylist, but we always use her with Tristan. When we've had a tight schedule and NEEDED Tristan to be groomed on a specific day, and try to schedule the appointment with another groomer, she insisted that she can fit him into her schedule. She loves him, and is always happy to see him. Even the other groomers know him, and when we say "He's a Yorkie named Tristan..." "Oh! Okay, let me see when Lindsey has openings."

In general, these two places are fantastic places, if you need to change vets/groomers or are moving to the area.
mickeyisagyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!