Thread: Just chattin'
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 12:33 PM   #12
Chester
YT Addict

lilsarahboo21, your puppy is so funny. We do the beard thing... as least I do. Our breeder showed us. It does not hurt them at all . All you do it hold the chin here close so you have control. Do not hold the ends of the hair only the base, after a while they will know to stay still when you groom them... I have no issue with chelsey or chester. when it come to triming... the beeder also showed me tick to riming around the eye. Make sure the sissors go staight up diaginal pointing in the air across the upper nose. So that if they move while your are triming the hair near the eye you will never hurt them. it's hard to discribe but easier if you see it. You actually get a closer trim that way as well

Also what i do for tooth brushing is ... put the chicken toothpaste on the brush and tell them open while they enjoy brushing. Now if they need to take medication... I just use my finger like a brus and say open...and they open there mouth... no biting my fingers and no struggles. The vet was also impress to she chester open his moth for medicine... now if i could just get him to stop barking.

Higgins ,Enjoy Florida, it snowing here in toronto

Last edited by Chester; 12-13-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!