View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 10:13 PM   #1
BlondieGirl87
No Longer A Member

Default Looking for a companion for Jaden

I posted this in the for sale section and then thought perhaps this place would be the better place to post this. Thanks for any and all help!
__________________________________________________ _______________

I've been thinking about this for a while now and I really think Jaden would be so much happier if he had a little brother or sister. He has seperation anxiety issues and whenever I leave home, even if its only for an hour or so he freaks out and spins and cries until I come back home. It makes me feel so bad! Normally if I go anywhere I take him with me but there are some places that I just don't feel right about taking him there.

I'd like to find another little yorkie that would work well as a playmate for him. I've talked with my vet about it and she thinks it would really help with his seperation anxiety. I would like to find one that is similar in size, Jaden is only four pounds and is a timid little guy and I just wouldn't want him to get hurt playing with a much larger yorkie (nothing against the larger yorkies, I think they are darn cute and if Jaden was bigger I'd be totally open to having one!) I also think that maybe having one a little younger than Jaden would bea good idea. He's only two so maybe a one year old or something like that. I thought perhaps if the one I got was younger he might adapt to it better. I've taken him on play dates before so I know that he does respond well to other yorkies and I totally spoil Jaden so his new little brother or sister would be totally spoiled as well!

I'm open to taking in a rescue or adopting a yorkie on here. I could drive to get the yorkie. I'm spending Christmas and New Years with family in Florida so I could drive anywhere down there and will also be heading back to South Carolina in January so any place on the way up there is an option to.

I'm willing to be patient and wait and just wondered if people wouldn't mind keeping me in mind if they hear about anyone trying to rehome a yorkie or know of anyone that has a yorkie that is in need of some special care and LOTS of love! I know with the holidays sometimes people buy yorkies and have no idea the amount of time and care that is involved with them (I tell everyone Jaden requires as much work as a child does! ) and end up getting rid of them right after Christmas. It breaks my heart to read about these yorkies that get dropped off at shelters to die just because someone decides they don't want them anymore, like they are a toy and not an incredible animal that deserves love and attention.

So, that all being said, if you guys wouldn't mind keeping your eyes open for me and letting me know if you hear or see anything I would appreciate it SO very much!!

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas!
Warm regards!
BlondieGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!