Thread: Parrots anyone?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

I have an African Grey Parrot. I hand fed him. he was bald and was just starting to get his little pin feathers when I got him. he looked like a naked porcupine! He is now a few years old and somedays he is my friend and others he is out for blood! and those days he he draws it! he is my buddy but he's meaner than sh*t! He loves me dearly though and I love him more than anything though, he talks to me ALL DAY LONG! he never shuts up and is like a two year old! the minute you want quiet he starts up, if the phone rings its his que to rant and scream, cause he knows you cant hold a conversation with him in the background making all that chatter and ofcourse he is the center of the universe, how dare you answer the phone in his presence???? Duh!!!!

He will out live me and my clildren and I have made a commitment that I will never be let out of! But I am ok with that, I have years to tame the beast that is Darwin, and one day he and I will find common ground, this I am sure of..... well, that or I'll cook him up for dinner

Parrots are wonderful, but they can drive you MAD if you let them, and they can cause divorce if you let them, and they can break fingers if you let them, and they can destroy furniture, moldings, curtians, plants, trust, nerves, stereo wires, and any piece of clothing your wearing if you let them. But if you just realize that they are very WILD animals living in VERY small cages in our VERY domesticated livingrooms.... its easy to forgive and look past the damage and forgive them. its easy to watch in amazement at the beauty that you have right infront of you, the beauty that you did not have to travel half way across the world to see, that you can sit back and observe any time you want. Your parrot preening, eating, drinking, swaying to and fro from the bars and bobbing its head at you. It is truly and amazing thing to sit back and observe, if only we take the time to appreciate it.

I don't mind the noise or the bites, they are worth it... he is a sh*t, but only when he feels like being the leader of the flock! What a bird brain! He thinks we are a flock... were a Pack! lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!