Thread: Parrots anyone?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 01:14 PM   #2
llc328
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breny
Ok, this is only a thought in my mind right now, and I haven't talked to my husband or anything, but if I were to entertain the thought of a bird, I'd like to get a parrot. Does anyone have one??

And I'd like to get a baby, not an adult. Of course I know nothing about them so I'd have to do my research first. How much do they normally sell for? (babies)

Can anyone educate me?

I've never seen them for sale in my area. Are there actually parrot breeders, just like canine breeders? Do they "ship" birds?

I'm just "thinking" at this point and thought I'd start the "thinking" process by educating myself first. I would need to know if its something for me in the 1st place before I get more serious about it.

Thanks in advance for any input anyone could give me.

Hi.....
I have right now a Quaker parrot and a cockateil....... I have had my cockatel for over 10 years.. Our Quaker is 4.. I did have a Blue and gold macaw and a redsided Eclectus... Unfortunatley I had to re-home them.. It broke my heart to have let them go....I never ever thought I would re-home any animal I owned.. .... They were alot of work.. which I knew and loved caring for them.. but they needed alot of *out* time.. meaning out of their cages daily,,I suffer from horrible headaches and migraines,, and when one would flare up.. it was so so hard for me to care for those 2 parrots.. their cages needed to be cleaned daily (as they ate all fresh foods) and their out time became limited.. due to me being in bed..We thought long and hard about them.. and felt it was best to let them go to families that would give them the attention and care they needed daily.. Not that I didn't care for them.. but it was so so hard when my Migraines would hit..

The quaker and teil being smaller.. do not require that much out time.. as the larger parrots do... I miss them so still,.(the Macaw and Ekkie) and just typing this is making me so sad.. I just wanted to pass along alittle insight.. as to what work the larger parrots are to have and own..

I did not have any of my parrots shipped.. I found them locally.. there is a webite though.. where you can fine all kinds of birds for sale.. here is a link,,

www.birdmart.com

look under parrots for sale.. you may just find one in your area..

any questions.. you can always PM me,

LOVE your Avatar!! all your furkids are darling..

Laurie
llc328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!