View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 08:57 PM   #1
~Dixie's_Mom~
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default YorkieK9Trainer:

YorkieK9Trainer,

Thanks SO much for your imput! It's great to have some advice from someone with experience. Her ears do looks quite large, and it may be from my mistake of cutting the hair too far down. (1st time). I never have scissored her hair REALLY, but I have, on occasion, trimmed the ends a little. I agree with you 100% about her hair. I've also noticed it, and I'm hoping that a change in Diet (I'm going to switch from Nutro to Innova) and grooming products (I'm switching from Groomax (petsmart stuff) to some really nice quality "over-the-internet" stuff called Earthbath.) I'm also going to "officially" scissor her hair tomorrow, and attempt to re-trim her ears. I'll try to send a few pictures your way!!! Thanks agian! Any other advice is greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieK9trainer
Hey!
I looked at your "kids" photos per your request!
You have a cute bunch!
As far as Dixie goes, I can't tell you anything about her structurally, because she isn't standing profile in any of the photos. As far as her headpiece goes it's proportionate. I'd like to see her ears just a touch shorter, but there are ways to mask that a bit (for the ring only-as far as a pet goes she's GORGEOUS) and in regards to her coat...her coat is quite thin in the photos and even appears...I can't say wirey, because I don't think it is, just "spindly"? Maybe that's the word I'm looking for. And of course length-not just on her body, but it's too short on her legs as well. It doesn't look to me like you've scissored it, it just simply hasn't grown to be of any real length. How current are those photos?

Get back to me if you like! And remember, that even if she wouldn't necc. do well in the conformation ring, there are PLENTY of other avenues to show her in to promote a sound Yorkie!!!
I'm sorry, but YorkieK9Trainer's Inbox is full, and I wanted to get in contact with her.

DIXIE LUCY HOLLY
~Dixie's_Mom~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!