View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
Ladyhawk
YT 2000 Club Member

You do have to be careful. I bought a 18 month old bitch through puppyfind. I wanted a companion for my 6 month old dog and didn't want to start all over with potty training. The lady and I e-mailed back and forth quite a bit and than I sent her the payment through paypal. There were little hints that things weren't right but I didn't see them until after the fact. Before the plane even landed the lady called me to inform me that she had lied. She'd adverised the bitch as spayed when she was not and offered to refund me $75. for my trouble. I agreed since the girl was already on the way. She arrived so sick and all drugged up. With in a couple of days she was in the hospital. The lady said I could send her back but she never would have survived the flight. She didn't look like she was supposed to, she was scared to death of men, and she had a bowel obstruction. We finally got her well, I found out from another breeder that she's a redleg, and though men still scare her she's tolerant of my husband. On the up side, she's the smartest dog I've ever known, she'd go through hell just to be with me, and she's brought color and strength into my line. We've learned alot together over the years, my Roxie and I. I wouldn't trade her for the world! Moral to the story, you just never know what you're going to get when you buy sight unseen on line.

Last edited by Ladyhawk; 11-26-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Ladyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!