View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 06:27 PM   #14
leeswanson
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Dog Mother of 2 & Daughter

If she is pregnant it should not be a problem, Your Vet will probably suggest a cesceran but an xray will tell if the puppies will be to big to have without. My daughter breeds the small Yorkies but most do need cesceran delivery. Her bigest problem is after delivery, sometimes the Mom's don't want anything to do with the babies and very hard to hand raise babies no bigger then a field mouse but can be done. She usually has another small dog more then willing to take them on.
Her smallest Momma was 3.5lbs. She hated being preg. and did not want anything to do with the babies, she had 3 healthy beautiful little bundles of joy all raised by a another little dog who had lost her babies. My daughter is a very successful breeder of small dogs but it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. I personally got to see her in action last week with the birth of yorkies and was very impressed especially since one of them came out having a hard time breathing having been in the birth canal to long. He is doing fine now thanks to my daughters quick action and knowledge.
If your little girl is expecting it will be a very rewarding experience butI also agree with the other writers, you need the advice and help of your vet.
leeswanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!