View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 05:17 AM   #15
Pattie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieGirl87
He was nuetered right before I got him so he's been neutered coming up on three weeks now. I will try the sock idea, I know he's playful just only seems to be playful when I'm with him and I'd like him to be happier when he has to be by himself for an hour or so...

I remember when I first brought Chloe home, I went nuts buying toys, the only one she liked then was a cat foam ball, printed like a soccer ball. I have to watch when she plays with it, just in case she would bite a piece off (which she never did) but most any toys you would not leave with her when she was alone-even dog toys! the hard nyla bones are ok but she never liked them anyway. When I decided to get Sissy it was so Chloe would be happier when she was home alone. She hated it when I left without her. She still would rather leave with me everytime I go out but she is not miserable when I don't. Maybe it is a Yorkie thing to be sad when Mommys are gone. At any rate I wanted to ask you if I understood correctly. You said he was 2? 2 years old? when you got him? If this is so, maybe no one ever played with him before you got him so he may not know how. Chloe is afraid to walk behind a couch or under a table. Something happened before my house, she won't tell me what but I was not the only one that realized this. Sissy will take her stuff and run like heck behind the couch then peek out at Chloe like she is saying, I know you can't it back now, na na na na na na....... Once Sissy joined us, they liked all the toys, but only when the other sister had one! Just about a month ago, they learned how to play tug of war. They like to do this best with one of my socks tho..... So much for my investment in the canine toy companies!! Keep playing with different things with him and he will catch on. I also liked the sock on your hand idea someone mentioned - Great idea
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!