View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 03:15 AM   #5
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I, too, have been blessed with so many things I am thankful for! Sometimes I think about how very fortunate I have been in life, and am almost in awe. I had a great upbringing by two parents who were always there for me, 5 brothers and sisters who would stand up to the world for me even if we tended to fight amongst ourselves. I have the most caring, thoughtful, loving husband any woman could ask for and love him more today than when we first married. I have been blessed with 3 healthy, handsome sons who have been a constant source of happiness, pride and love! Each is unique, the oldest an adventurer; the middle one, big hearted; the youngest, a competitor -- and all three truly good men. I have two beautiful granddaughters whose laughter is music to my ears and one more grandchild in the making!

I had a wonderful career in the Navy which afforded me the opportunity for an early retirement, great health benefits, and memories to last a lifetime. I live in the greatest country in the world, in a state that allows for a temperate climate, and a big old house that I love even though it tends to take too big a chunk of that retirement check to maintain.

I have three great dogs and another on the way. My dachshund, Katie is the old lady of the house at 14 and she still has her playful moments, especially since Ben came to us. Candy is the smartest dog I have ever seen, a Jack Russell who has the "boing-boing" personality they are known for but minds like no other dog we have had. And Ben -- our new Yorkie pup -- what a delight he is turning out to be, the most cuddly and playful little thing!

I have great RL friends that are always there to help, lend an ear, or just have fun. I am thankful for the YT members for their humor, knowledge and comraderie -- glad I found this place!

I am thankful for so many little daily gifts -- sunshine on my face, the ocean breeze, how warm sand feels between my toes, the soaring birds, children's laughter, puppy kisses, summer rains, a warm fire in the winter, the sound of music, a rose as it gently unfurls, little geckos running on my patio, the deer who stand in wide-eyed wonder as I drive down our little country road, this computer that has opened so many doors to a wide, wide world, flip flops, pumpkin pie and sweet potatoes, Haagen Dazs dulce de leche Ice Cream, sunsets over the water, a year with no hurricanes, candles, ....catching my breath.....I could keep going on and on.....life itself is such a wonderful gift! I thank God for all these and more.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!