View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 07:50 AM   #5
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanatink
My yorkie has an ear infection too! She was scratching at it so hard she made herself bleed. The vet said it was from not pluckiong the hair inside the ears. Something about the hair captures moisture and bacteria. So you are supposed to have it plucked. Well the vet plucked it then & there and since her ears already hurt she screamed but I heard it get easier to do with time. I also have to put drops in her ear twice a day which I have to wrestle her down to do it so I know what you are going thru. The vet told me to put cotton balls in her ear when I bathe her so she doesnt get water in them to avoid this problem again.
These posts are exactly right - use enough cotton so it won't slide in if it gets wet cause it shrinks

also - they sell ear cleaners that you can use on a regular basis that keeps any debris or buildup from staying in their ears -

You can GENTLY use cotton swabs to clean their ears but never stick them in too far - and the ear hair plucking will help tons keeping your baby from getting another infection.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!