View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 06:57 AM   #9
Stitches29
My Little Magwad

Well, I can tell ya they have hatched in hoards here in North Central Texas too. That is one critter I will go WAY out of my way, before I get close to one. To me, they are nothing but a hopping gut. I have two Koi ponds. They love to make woo woo in my ponds. Well here I am with a LONG HANDLE dip net---scooping the lovers out. Yep, you are right, they do fly---even when they are still hooked together during woo woo. I have seen heavy toad seasons before and when I do, there is usually a heavy grasshopper season. Somehow Mother Nature tries to balance out things. Last night around midnight, Maggie saw her first toad. Oh crap, it was like she was on a killing mission. Good thing I had her on a leash. She pulled so hard, the only thing left on the ground was her back toe nails. I think the only way to keep them out of the yard it to put up a slick surface fence. About a month ago, hubby was sitting out on the sundeck early one morning. He was watching this really fat toad. All of a sudden a big hawk swooped down and snatched the toad up. Got rid of one anyway. Oh about toads being poison. A friend of mine had a cocker that hated frogs. The dog actually swallowed one. He was on his deathbed at the animal hospital for a week. My cocker, many years ago learned how to pick them up by the head and carry them to her bed. That was a big CRAP. When she first learned about frogs, she would just grab them in her mouth. Well, it didn't take her long to figure out that they were PP-ing her her mouth. That is where all the drool, foam, gagging, etc. comes from. If you come up with something, holler real loud. I'm just to the North of you.
Stitches29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!