View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 06:25 AM   #1
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Default Funny but REAL Problem

Hi y'all...I have a question - I know it's a strange one but I'm here to tell you I've been dealing with it for 2 years now and it's just started again here in Texas.

It's a TOAD problem ...I'm not kidding - this is Toad season - not poisonous toads but ANNOYING toads - they come out at night in my back yard in Masses - I have THREE Toad hunters because of this...My girls are outside trained so they HAVE to use the yard to do their business - but now they want to hunt and catch & play with toads every time they go out - and I have no idea how to rid my yard of these UGLY things.

My cocker sits at the window waiting for a froggie friend to hop by - and Owwwiiiieeees till I HAVE let her out - then of course the yorkie kids are awake and want out too - They are TOAD Terrorists - So now I have 3 dogs on the hunt and I'm out there in the middle of the night in my jammies Toad Tossing these suckers into my neighbors yard with a little plastic pot.

Once I let them all out - they don't want to come in - This is a nightly thing - and I'm not kidding - EVERY NIGHT - last year I spent more time tossing toads then I did posting on yorkie sites !

I get My "Trusty Toad Tossing Gear", and run out to them, trying to catch the freakin toad....I catch it - I ALWAYS CATCH IT - no matter how long it takes chasing it, and THROW IT waaaaaaaay into my neighbors yard, (and throwing out my back at the same time) and on a really exciting night - there might be 2 or 3 of these ugly things ! I give myself a bonus for tossing 2 !

SOME toads are poisonous but from the first time they got one and I panicked and called emergency - I was told in TX they are NOT, but can cause tons of drooling - They weren't KIDDING ! My poor girls spend 10 minutes if they get one smackin their lips and drooling all over theirselves...

Does ANYONE know a toad repellant I can try ??? PLEASE ???

I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of - stuffed up the holes in the house - put salt down - cut all the high grass and hiding places and I'm STILL toad tossing...lol...(these things can really FLY).... but they come BACK....Why do they like my yard so much ?

Last edited by red98vett; 05-28-2005 at 06:30 AM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!