View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 06:18 AM   #11
LvMyYorki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Marlee- I would shave the entire ear front and back and pluck it. Just try to get all of the hair off of it and hopefully it will pop up. I don't know if the breeders on here know a rule of thumb if the ears aren't up by a certain that they will not come up. I had issues with one of Tino's ears starting to flop when he was 10 months after it had been up most of the time, with the exception of when he was teething and... so when he went in for a check up, I asked our vet about it and he said that Tino has a wrinkle down toward the base of the ear and that is why if he is being lazy or stressed or anything unusual with his mood that his one ear is predisposed to flop! I would get my vet to take a look too. Also, ask your vet about ear glue... I know it sounds horrible, but they use it to close up incisions and its perfectly safe... I think you can get it from the vet and maybe at PedEdge too... You take a drop and just put it just below the tip of the ear and then pinch the sides together and it can aid in getting them up.... Honestly though I would say that since they have never been up to try getting rid of the hair. Hopefully one of the breeders on here will know what to do and will answer!
LvMyYorki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!