View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
BigGus
Yorkie Talker

Default Questions about coarse puppy coat

I have a question about a puppy I just purchased....

I have a 7 mo old Yorkie who I have had since June who had long, really fluffy but soft/smooth hair as a baby. I just purchased a 10 week old male yesterday to give to my mother for Christmas. I am a little concerned about his coat.

I have read a lot of treads and info regarding silky/cottony coats. However, I am still a little unsure about this pups hair. His hair is probably only about 1/2 in. long and it almost has a brittle/coarse texture. His hair is not really thin, but it is a little sparse in my opinion (esp on his head).

When I brought Gus (7 mo old) home @ 8 wks his hair was longer and thicker. Guess he has a cotton coat, but I think it is silky to the touch - I don't know too much about the breed, and i only have my 7 month old to use for coat comparison.

My mother is a little concerned that he won't "look like Gus" with the longer, thicker coat. I told her they are all different.

The new pup doesn't appear to be "red", but his legs are light tan, and Gus had a lot more black on him than the pup that eventually turned tan.

I know this is confusing probably, but if anyone has any ideas of what he will look like or if his coat will indeed grow in length, please let me know. I will try to post a pic later. Thanks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!