Thread: Potty training
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 09:32 AM   #2
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

You might want to do a search on potty training as there are lots of posts about this subject. I have been taught that you can expect your baby to hold his bladder the number of hours that he is months old. So, if he is two months old, he should be able to hold it two hours. This is up to 6 months or so. Every baby is different. For BMs, you will soon find what time of the day your baby goes, so you can anticipate and plan for it. These little guys have BMs 3-4 times a day on average. My Gracie is nearly 6 months old and can hold both all night for up to 9 hours or so, as long as she does not have diarrhea. Many of us leave our babies in an ex-pen or gated off room with pee pads when we are not home, to prevent accidents. Gracie has gone with me most everywhere since day one. I did not let potty training limit our outings. Its good to take them places so they know it is OK to go someplace other than their own yard. Gracie only had a couple of accidents when we were in the car and that was during her first few car trips at 8 weeks. After that, no problem.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!