View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 02:18 PM   #7
luvdorkyyorkies
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry
OMG! a pressure cooker!! My Mom used to cook with a pressure cooker...alot when I was a kid...I didn't even think they made them anymore! LOL...If you aren't careful can't they blow up? I am 49 and never used one...was always afraid to.
I KNow I know! When the regulator started jiggling and the steam coming out. I was nervous.
I was like "THere she blows!!!!" It was scarey, and I was telling my mother "Hey I dont like the sound of that!!" ( I have ony canned twice) Anyway she was laughing at me.
Mine came with a cook book and it tells you how to cook with it. Im not afraid of it now. You just follow the directions and most times at the end of the cook time, you put the whole cooker under cold water and it has a safety valve that blows steam a few seconds later. You will know when it happens! Take the metal regulator off and open the lid and thats it. Tasty food.
Once you get the hang of its less intimidating. They are MUCH SAFER then they used to be. They have a safety valve etc. I dont think in th eold times they had the safety valve, and a pressure cooker has a rubber seal on the lid and if it was bad or cracked they were dangerous then. But now they are more safe.

Chachi, I have a sweet and sour chicken recipe if you want me to post it and you like that sort of thing.
luvdorkyyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!