Thread: Itching/Biting
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
Linda C
Inactive Account

Default Itching/Biting

Hi All:

My Chloe has been itching and biting herself till she becomes very red. I have taken her to an allergist who says it could be food/air pollen etc. We have her on IVD food for the food allergies and an antihistime for her scratching and biting herself. The antihistime seems to help but I must give it to her 3 x a day and she still itches but at least it stops that biting which is driving the both of us crazy and the poor little thing is beside herself. My question to one and all who have experienced this is what else can I do to help her be comfortable? Will she grow out of this? She is 5 lbs. and 18 months old. Maybe this is a seasonal allergy as it has gotten worse the past month but she has been scratching for months. I even invested in several ionizers for the house to filter out the air as much as possible.

I really feel that the veteranian is doing the best that they can but sometimes those of us who have yorkies know better through experiencing these types of problems as I have been hearing that yorkies are prone to allergies.

Any information would be so much appreciated by both Chloe and me.

Thanks so much.
Linda
Linda C is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!