View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 07:11 PM   #9
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose
Lorraine...it is 5 litters, not 5 champions. A breeder must have bred 5 AKC litters in 5 years or owned a stud/studs that have produced 40 litters in 10 yrs.
and..it has to be a name that does not appear in the dictionary..I could never register Primrose...
Whoops, I was told it was 5 champions but that was by someone who isn't in the US anyway.
LOL Here I joined the Canadian Kennel Club and registered my kennel name with the CKC before I had the first litter on the ground. I don't think they care if it is a word in the dictionary as long as it isn't the same as someone else has already registered.
A registered kennel name can be recycled if the owner hasn't used it, I believe in a certain number of years, ie not registered a litter or shown a dog in I think it is 5 years but could be 10.
But if you finish 5 champions with your kennel name you can apply for pemanent registration of your kennel name which can never be used again by anyone even if you die. You can transfer it to a designated person but otherwise it is permanently retired with you.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!