Thread: roxie's home
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 08:08 AM   #6
Sydney'sMom
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 019 vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie
Hello...I'm so glad her surgery is behind her and now she can heal and be her old self in no time! My vet told me to put neosporin on the incision site...that that would help the incision heal and heal better. (4 times a day) I did that and can hardly notice a scar anymore. Also, if you're worried about her licking the incision, you could get a onesie to put on her. I did that with Maddie and it was comfortable, but made it impossible for her to get to the stitches. I just cut a small hole for the tail and it worked great. I feel bad that she didn't get any pain meds...the poor little thing has been through major surgery, and I think they should give them pain meds to get them through the first few days after surgery. Maddie had pain meds for 5 days. If she seems to be really uncomfortable, ask you vet for something. There's no need she should suffer when pain meds are available. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and Maddie sends puppy kisses!
wow! It's amazing how different vets will tell you different things. I was told not to put neosporin on the incision b/c it would keep it from healing. Who knows what is right. I may have to do with the kind of stitches, though. Syd has the dislovable kind. I would call your own vet to be sure before putting anything on it.

The onsie is a good idea...but mine would have bit at the stitches through it. They were itching really bandly.

I hope that she is feeling all better soon.
Sydney'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!