View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 07:49 AM   #15
kaymo
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK
Perhaps they could post a sticky, advising buyers of the various red flags to look for. That in itself would deter a lot of unethical sellers. Posting basically the same informstion that the OP of this thread posted.

I think this is an excellent idea! At the very least there should be a disclaimer that just because they're listed here doesn't mean YT recommends the sellers.

Like Villette, I knew next to nothing about yorkies when I first got Bentley. What I cared most about was getting a healthy puppy that wasn't from a pet store since I thought that's the only place where puppy mill puppies are sold. I didn't know until after I found these yorkie websites that there is so much more to finding a reputable breeder and of course the whole broker thing. As much as I love my boy he isn't anywhere close to the standard. Sherman is from a reputable breeder and the difference between them is remarkable.

This site should be a resource to new yorkie owners as well as a "home" to seasoned yorkie owners to share information. I get upset when newbies are misinformed or unreputable breeders are using this site as free advertising.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!