Thread: roxie's home
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 06:53 AM   #3
Sydney'sMom
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 019 I know what you are going through

Hi!
I just went through this last week...so I feel your pain.

Syd was just miserable the first 3 days after her surgery. She slept almost constantly and did the same things as yours with laying down and sitting very carefully. And she had trouble getting comfortable as well. I can assure you that she will be fine. On day 4 Syd woke me up by bringing me a toy as if to say "Mommy...I feel better now...lets play."

Don't worry about her running from you. She will get over that too. She is probably just a little scared and confused right now. Yesterday her mom took her to the bad place, left her there, and when she woke up she was missing parts and in pain. Since we can't explain to our babies that this is for their own good...I'm sure that this is very disturbing to them.

If she is licking or messing with her stitches ask your vet for one of the plastic cone collars. We had to do that for Syd (especially once the stitches started itching). You don't want her pulling those out!

Lastly...I noticed the same greasy head thing as you and wondered about it as well. Does anybody know?

p.s. Once her stitches start itching...it was recomended to me to put hydrocortozone (sorry spelling?) cream around the stitches...but not on them. This should sooth them.
Sydney'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!