Thread: roxie's home
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 06:13 AM   #1
ashley
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default roxie's home

Her spaying went very well, her blood work all came out negative. I dropped her off yesterday around 8:45 and by the time i was at work (10) her surgery was already done, and she was recovering. The vet said she ate a lil last night, and some this morning. I asked about pain medicine, and he said she didnt need any, that she was back to her normal self. But now that I have her home, she doesnt want me to pet her, or come near her. She runs away, and it kinda makes me feel sad. Shes licking at her stitches some, but i tell her no and usually she stops. She ate a tiny tiny bit, probably like 4-5 pieces of dry food. and has been drinking water. I let her outside and the 1st thing she did was jump off the porch, its not far, but i know she doesnt need too. Her stitches he said were stainless steel, and said she shouldnt be able to get them out. Im just worried about her messing with them. I take her back next friday to have them out, and i cant wait. I just feel like if i touch her, I'll hurt her.

Shes now trying to play a lil bit, and whining to go outside, but i think im gonna put her to bed so she can have a nice nap.

I've also noticed shes very hesitant to sit down or lay down, she takes her time, i hope this isnt a problem.

Her hair is so greasy looking, and i have no clue why. thats the 1st thing i noticed when i picked her up was how greasy the top of her head looked, hopefully i can give her a bath sometime next week.

She also tried to poopie, but never did, so im gonna be watching for that, in hopes she does okay.

But for now i think we are gonna take a nap, its a big day for the both of us!

Also any comments or suggestions on how to make her more comfortable will be appreciated!
ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!