View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
txshopper73
Donating YT 14K Club Member

Question New guidelines for sellers? Help for buyers

Just wanted to share my two cents about breeders and selling…I hope that my YT family doesn’t mind.

First and foremost, please do your homework when searching for a breeder. There are so many BYBs and puppymills out there. Buying over the internet is very tricky…I prefer for people to come and see what I have to offer as well as going to see someone’s pup personally. It’s easy to get cute puppy pics…especially if you know what angles to get.

Another way of doing your homework is to ASK, ASK, ASK! Ask your fellow friends, trusted seasoned breeders and vets what their opinion is on a breeder. They may be able to bring up questions that you, yourself, haven’t thought of. Any friend or reputable person will be there to help you, point things out to you, and get you to open your eyes to something you may have missed.

While I enjoy YT VERY much, I’ve noticed a lot of breeders lately. Breeders that are letting go of pups WAY to soon in hopes to make that Christmas sale. I think that there should be guidelines in order to post for sale ads here at YT. Maybe a certain number of post count would be a nice start. Also, if your pup is under a certain age, it should not be listed. There is so much that can change in how a pup looks from one week to the next and listing 1 or 2 week old pups shouldn’t be allowed. Also, I think that YT should look at the age at which the pup is allowed to go home. I think that most of us agree that the longer the pup is with mom, the better off the pup will be. Maybe something along the lines of nothing under 8 or 10 weeks should be listed in the for sale section.

I’m just trying to look out for potential puppy buyers. I know that those of us that have been around a while know what to look for…but what about newbies…what about those that are guests just reading and trying to find a breeder?

If you can think of something I've missed...please add it here!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!