Thread: Pre-anesthesia?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
Bnot
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Pre-anesthesia?

Not getting results on the other forum on the add on post I added about anesthesia for Adonis getting neutered.

My vet says they use Atropine & Ace as a pre-anethestic. What is this stuff? Is it safe?

And also Telazol to knock them down so they can put the tube in the throat for the Isoflurane. Is Telazol safe too? Tube? nobody told me the Isoflurane needed a tube to get to him?

Are the other meds ok for my babies?

I was told none of these meds were barbituate.

She also said that it was ok at 5 months to have Venus spayed. I thougth that was a little young myself. She said they have a 3lb dog they're doing today. Not real sure how much Venus weighs now, she might be 3lbs.

I was also told that without the Atropine & Ace, as pre-anethestic and the Telazol they won't do a spay or neuter. Which I'd rather know now.....as I will NOT have them use anything that might have a real bad effect on either of my babies. They mean the world to me!!

The girl that works there, told me to get off the internet! LOL I told her this website had 14,000 yorkie owners, and I trust their judgement!

She also said the dr (which is actually my vet too) specializes in small dogs. This place is a discount spay/neuter clinic that my vet runs.

Someone PLEASE give me some info on these meds, so I can make a decision!
Bnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!