View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 08:40 AM   #8
ARCHIE
No Longer A Member

Animal Smiley 049 I did the same thing.

I cooked my first turkey and didn't know the bag of neck and gizzards were in it. I washed it but didn't want to stick my hand in it so I rinsed and stuffed and cooked! Needless to say, the stuffing was unedible.

I laughed when I read this! Brought back memories of my very first thanksgiving dinner that I cooked. I never cooked anything in my life but being married at 18 I deceided I would do the cooking for my husband's family. I cleaned the bird and stuffed it the night before. We did that 46 yrs ago. Today it is a no no. Well anyhow my father-in-law did the carving of the bird and asked where the neck and giblets were. I had no idea what he was talking about. I said what? Needless to say the neck was in the neck of the bird, still in a bag and the rest were in the inside of the bird still in the bag. I did clean the bird but had no idea something was inside. My husband's Italian parents looked like they would faint! We ate the bird(minus the stuffing) but they never let me forget it. They were wonderful in-laws and that became the Thanksgiving story each and every year.
ARCHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!