View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #11
Dan & Corinne
Inactive Account

Jazzie got deressed too. Jewel was ill for almost a year with a fatal neurological disease. Jazzie always seemed to be aware that Jewel needed special attention. Jewel was added to our family when Jazzie was five. The day we brought Jewel home, Jazzie rolled over and Jewel tried to nurse off her! Jaz was more of a mom than a sister.

the day Jewel died, I trimmed a lock of her hair and brought it home. I let Jazzie smell it. Later, when I couldn't sleep, I had a slide show of only Jewel's pictures on my computer. Jazzie was watching and suddenly let out a sound I've never heard her make. It was like a combination of a howl and whimper. I think she understood at that moment that Jewel was not coming home.

Jazzie was NEVER a dog bed girl but from that day, my 10 pound Jazzie would squeeze herself into Jewels tiny bed. Jewel had about 8 beds all over the house but Jazzie always sleeps in Jewel's favorite one.

I tried to get Jazzie got really mopy and slept a lot, to cheer up I took her to the dog park, the dog friendly mall and even to work with me a few times. The only time she would perk up was around small puppies. Didn't give a hoot about mature dogs.

it's been 8 months since Jewel left us, Jazzie still sleeps in Jewel's bed but not as often as she did.

Jazzie has adjusted and is being a silly brat again. But on nights like tonight where I'm letting myself feel sad, Jazzie seem to know it and will not ask me to play.

We are wanting to find a new baby for all of us to love and waiting for the day to come.
Dan & Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!