View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 07:39 PM   #12
dray
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflysw
I have a question concerning Lily's puppies. As many of you know, Lily passed away, so we are having to hand-raise her 5 puppies. The puppies will be 2 weeks old tomorrow and they all seemed to be growing and thriving well. A couple of days about, one of the puppies began to have diarriha and didn't want to eat hardly anything....He is not growing like the others, 2 of the other pups are nearly twice his size. I called the vet and he recommended antibiotics....he also said that the puppy needed bacteria from something like yogurt. He said that 'if' I could mix some of the other puppies feces or poop in with some warm water and feed this to the sick puppy that it would be better than the yogurt. I spoke to another breeder from this site and she said that she has never heard of that, and maybe I should ask this question in the breeder section. So........have any of you experienced breeders every heard of this before? This just sounds like such a strange and gross method, but I am no expert!

Thanks in advance
did you take a stool sample in to the vet and have him check it? It is very important to rule out several things and a stool sample will help.
Debbie Ray
www.sumtoiyorkies.com
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!