View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #11
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieGirl87
Thank you for getting back to me. He doesn't seem excited in the least. Normally when I put him in his play pen he's jumping to get out and if I stick him in there now he just lays down and goes back to sleep. His breathing is faster, at least to me, but its been that way before when I haven't given him anything...I found this posting here

"According to my Red Cross Pet First Aid book, the normal breathing rates for a dog are 10-30 breaths per minute and up to 200 pants per minute. You can check the rate by watching the dog as s/he is lying on her side or back. I think watching the belly is easier. Anyway, count how many times you see chest rise/fall in 15 seconds. Then multiply by 4. That is the resp. rate. You could count for a whole minute, but we know how restless doggies are! Hey, EMT class is coming in handy already! "

So, I'm guessing his breathing rate is normal, even though it seems fast to me?
He is sleeping off the benedryl as it will cause them to sleep. Actually for a 4 lbs dog I wouldn't give anymore than about 1/2 cc. BUt it is okay this time, I am sure he will just process it and sleep it off.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!