View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshopper73
She HAS been spayed. Pom is still with them.
If the Pom is still with them I am wondering if the Pom could be dribbling a little bit when she is sitting on your friends lap which is triggering a response from the YOrkie to mark or cover territory. I think the urge is pretty much almost an instinctual spontaneous reflex to cover territory by urinating.
I have a friend that had an old Yorkie. The last year or two of the old Yorkies life, she had adopted an older rescue about 7 years old. This girl had to start fromt he beginning as she had just been used as a breeder to make puppies before my friend got her out of there. She did really well with potty training except she would pee on the bed that she struggled with that behaviour even though the rest of it was fine. After the old Yorkie died, the rescue no longer pees on the bed. Now my friend wonders if the old dog likely dribbled a little, not enough to be noticable but enough to scent and the rescue was just covering that scent.
Spayed bitches will still have some of the instincts, some moreso than others.
I have no other idea why she would be doing this just with the one person unless your friend has some sort of scent on her that is triggering it.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!