View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
AIM
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Will she eat her?

My sister is planning on petsitting for Lucky while my husband and I go on vacation (unfortunately, taking Lucky with us isn't an option). Here's the problem...she just purchased a border collie puppy which she will pick up a week before she pet sits for Lucky. I was just kidding about the border collie eating Lucky, but I am seriously concerned that one of them will hurt the other. Lucky is 9 lbs, so she isn't too fragile, but she is feisty and not used to being around other dogs. We live in a condo and she sees other dogs all of the time from a distance or when they are on leashes. She typically barks and growls incessantly and runs around in circles. Plus, I hear that border collies attempt to heard anything that moves, which I doubt that Lucky will tolerate. I also hear that females can be aggressive towards other females.

Should I seek a different petsitter or do you think that this will be a good experience for Lucky? What can I expect? How do we introduce the dogs to eachother? I don't want to be overprotective, but I also don't want the dogs or anyone getting hurt.
AIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!