View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #10
bellaismybaby
Donating Yorkie Yakker

How old is your baby? Mine is 5 mos and I have taught her to sit, shake, down, and roll over. The key for us was short sessions but do it w few times a day. I could never get her to pay attention or work well when she was in the mood to play. She was too hyper. I would wait until after a nap or when she was calm. I think you said your pup sits. From there do like you have been doing....pick up her paw and say 'shake' and then give her the treat and make a 'big' deal out of it. If after several tries she half way picks up her foot...make a huge deal out of it. Bella loves praise and will do anything for it. To get her to lay 'down' I held the treat low and gently put my hand on her back until she layed down, gave her the treat and praised her. I know some people don't agree with this, but it worked for us. After several days of working on 'down' we went to roll over. I held the treat and put it in circle and gently rolled her over. I made a huge deal out of it. Now she will do all of these without a treat...although she prefers the goodies Good lucka nd don't get frustrated!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!