View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #2
Potter
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_Bum
My 13 week old male yorkie has been with us for 6 days now. Ever since he got here, he has been sneezing a few times an hour. He doesn't have a runny nose, and it doesn't keep him up at night.

From reading the forum, it sounds like he might have allergies? We do live in Phoenix and the air quality is horrible with the pollution and everything in bloom.

It appears from searching that we should give him benadryl? How much for a 2lb puppy?

Thanks!

I am not sure of what it is but when mine got a cold and went to the vet and he was older than 13 weeks old, the vet told me that they do not develop allergies nor asthma at such a tender age. I can't remember like when they will start developing allergies but certainly not at 13 weeks old.Have you brought your puppy to the vet? You should bring them to the vet for a general checkup once you got them. Don't give any medicine to your pup without consulting your vet first.

Try shining the torch in to puppy's nose to see if there is anything that you can see obstructing his air ways. And sometimes they do sneeze when dust gets in to their little nose; shouldn't be too often though.

Last edited by Potter; 11-09-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!