View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
sara loves nari
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Rain enlarged lymph nodes? WORRIED!

Hello, This is my first post and I am so desperate for advice… My little 8 mo. old girl went to get spayed a week ago and the Dr. noticed a bump (she believed it was a hernia) and called me for permission to look at it while Inari was already “out”. It was in the groin area, just slightly lower than her incision for the spay. She removed some “tissue” that she believed may have been testicular (meaning Inari would have been a hermaphrodite) and sent it off for a biopsy just to be sure. The results came back as NOT being testicular, but lymph node tissue. I only know the results, and have not talked to the Dr. personally. She wasn’t in at the time, but should be calling me tomorrow. I have many questions for her, but in the mean time am looking for someone with any knowledge of this type of situation. I would think that if it was lymphoma that would have come back in the biopsy… and no mention of cancer was made. And if the lymph node was swollen enough to be noticed during the spay, what could be causing it if the pre-surgery blood work was normal? How would we find the infection? I’m afraid it might be cancer and the secretary that told me the lab results was just waiting for the Doctor to call me and tell me that herself. I know this is a strange situation, and I am a young first time dog owner just looking for some information or advice. Thank you so much!
Sara
sara loves nari is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!