View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
Lacy's Mom
YT 3000 Club Member

I won't fault you for wanting to make some money. I don't care what breeders say I am sure the majority of them wouldn't be breeding if they were losing as much money as some claim to. Just make sure you have his bite checked, knees checked, bile acid test (if any signs of a liver shunt) and it sounds like you know that he is a good specimen of the breed as far as appearance goes.

I don't think a male minds being studded out so I don't see any problems there. The thing I would consider if I was you is an unneutered male is more likely to mark, to hump, to roam, to get testicular cancer, etc. - the things you've heard and once you make the choice there is no going back. I will say that I have a stud dog for personal use that doesn't mark and doesn't have any of the bad traits that people associate with a stud dog, but I do feel I am very lucky because it usually isn't the case. There really isn't any way of predicting the future, but you may be paying a very high price to make a few bucks here and there. I really don't think there is a high demand for stud dogs, but maybe I am wrong.
Lacy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!