View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 06:40 AM   #9
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

I don't want to scare, you because I too was in your shoes, thinking I had made a mistake, even before I brought Millie home. And I really thought I made a mistake (and even had thoughts about giving her away about 3 or 4 months after I got her)because house breaking was a monumental task requiring every bit of my effort and she required so much attention in the begining!

But....... (and this is a big but).... after about 6 months old, we were making some good head way with potty training and I could tell she had entered a better stage in her little puppy life. She wasn't into everything, she understood the house rules, we had our routines and she was following them. About 6 1/2 to 7 months she was 100% potty trained and it was even better! I was finally able to relax and really enjoy her. She became more intergrated with the family, she was less maintenance and more fun. At 1 year old I really noticed a big difference in her demeanor and she was less the puppy and more the adult. And that was even better!

My husband and I just love her to death and yes she is spoiled rotten, but she has rules to follow too. So, I say this because the longer you have your little one, the better it gets. Having a puppy is like having a new born, it's a lot of work in the begining, but so worth the effort, because you end up with a such a joy in your life! But you really need to put your best foot forward in the begining, because once they are potty trainined and can run independently because they understand and follow "the rules", you really have the best little family member you will ever want. Cute, adorable, so full of life and the enjoyment of life, curious about everything and everyone, just the best little personalities! So happy all the time!
Ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!