View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
ButterflyYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleswman
I wonder if anyone close to you has a Yorkie that has recently given birth....maybe a New Mother.(yorkie).maybe to assist with feedings.. .. that sure would help you right now...

Good luck...

That is a wonderful idea

I was very very fortunate to have two litters within a short time of one another for the FIRST TIME EVER in my life when I lost my precious Rio last year and had the same problem dragonfly is facing. I guess that happened for a reason with me...I'll never know.

The main factors when caring for an orphan litter is 1. feeding on schedule 2. warmth 3. stimulation, because they do not have a mother to do this for them.

I would keep them on a heat pad until 3 weeks old. Med-low heat.

I used to rub my hands together vigorously to warm them and pick them up constantly to gently rub and stimulate. This is when I would poop them with a warm washcloth. Even though they had a surrogate mother to feed them, I still did this like clockwork because she already had her hands full and I wanted to make sure they got extra attention. The three of them thought of me as their mom..and the one who is here with us to this day still thinks I am her mom. So I guess I am...

Last edited by ButterflyYorkie; 11-06-2006 at 08:45 PM.
ButterflyYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!