View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
AngelAndMaggie
BANNED!

Unlove Mikie Update: Still Waiting For His Loving Family

[F] I thought I'd give an update on Mikie. He is still waiting for his forever home and wonderful family, so please spread the word.

He is becoming more social and snuggly each day. He's now accustomed to closeness and has found the undescribable heaven of tummy rubs. He spaz's out each time you enter the room if you leave for a short bit and return. It's as if you've been gone a week or something, he's so flippin' happy and squiggly, pouncing, dancing and pawing the air. Rolling over, pressing against whatever body part he can reach and even gives kisses. He's come a long way.

He's been sleeping with me and Mags lately instead of his crate. For some reason he does better with us. No number 2's . He still uses a belly band at night, but only once did he "use" it. Not alot to mark in my room.

I read about getting a upright object to attach your wee pads to for boy markers and want to try it. Right now I still use wee pads at his favorite marking spots. He is getting better, but remember he still isn't fixed yet and has been raised to pee in his crate for four years, so he's not perfect yet. I thought for sure he'd be snatched up right away, so I didn't take him to the clinic like I wanted to. I haven't heard from the rescue manager either Have any of you applied for Mikie through his link ?

Mikie did great on Halloween with all the kids that came by. We had about 100 or more. He was far better behaved than Maggie who shows obvious signs of spoiling . Mikie sat beside me on the step the whole time and was perfect for the smaller kids that are afraid of dogs. They could pet him without being jumped on and having their heads smothered in doggy kisses ( Maggie, again ) . I was kind of surprised that Mikie was not fearful. He's gone from not seeing anyone, to a multitude of new people and things. A whole new lifestyle. Amazing. I wish I were as adaptable as a dog.

I love each day with Mikie. He and Maggie put joy in my heart. And laughter ! They are truly gifts from God. I do think how I will miss him and wish I could keep him for myself, but I am more comforted in knowing that he will have a good family to love and care for him Pick Me ! Pick Me !

But boy does Mikie love to go for a little walk ! So Mikie's outside times have been in my fenced backyard. He's more comfortable out there now and will spend time sniffing things out. He still wants the alpha dog to go out with him and Maggie, not wanting to miss anything, obliges. They get biscuits upon their return so sometimes they try to fake me out. Smart little things aren't they ? I'm fending off an upper resp. infection and needing to rest a bit more. Mikie is fine with my limitations but I worry about when I won't be able to get up. He's spent enough time alone, indoors. This dude was made to party ( then nap ) .

Mikie is such a trip with all of his sound effects and quirky ways. One morning at 1:30am I awoke to his muted little "barking" and once my vision adjusted, I found that he was having a fight with the other Yorkie in the mirror. He had his paws up on it , yapping and this rude intruder who was barking back at him ! He's much better with reflections now. He can really go to town with his snack holding ball. Remember to put it away when you want to sleep, because he won't stop until it's empty.

Mikie can jump amazingly high for a little guy with loose knees. He wants up on that sofa ! Or wherever his human likes to sit. He still hasn't done stairs yet. He can jump on the first one, but stops. He's afraid to try the downward move. Someone who can traverse the stairs better than I, will probably be able to guide him through this in little time.

He still likes for his human to get down on his level when approaching to pick him up. I can see him fighting his urge to run to me, then cower and run back. So I drop down and he comes to me with tail wagging. Poor baby. I try not think of what he experienced during his incarceration at the puppy mill. I get angry.

While I am still amazed that he hasn't been snatched up by his new family, I am also confident that God has picked the perfect family for him and in time, they will be together. I love each day he is here, so I don't complain. As long as I'm still able to putter about, we're all fine. Boy am I in love with YORKIES ! !! I can truly understand that saying 'You can never have just one' when it comes to Yorkies.

I will keep you all posted.
Thanks to you all and smooches to your little quadropeds !

Angel, Mike and Maggie

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=6996841

Last edited by admin; 12-08-2006 at 11:19 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!