View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
WRScorpio
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Wants to stay outside

Usually my dog, Duke, will come inside with me when I say "come on in!" He is leash trained, so... I go out with him at all times. I usually take him out for 5 to 15 minutes at a time and today I took him out on a walk for a full hour because I thought that may do the trick. Nope, still didn't want to come inside. I've been having to pick him up and carry him in. Usually I can unleash him at the door and he will run right in, but yesterday as soon as I unleashed him he took off the other way (scared me to death because we live in a high traffic area of town!) It seems to go along with the cooler weather... but, I just don't understand it. Does anyone else's dog act this way? Could he be acting this way because of something else? He is five, but this is the first fall that I have had him. Also, he has been digging some hot spots on the back of his neck, but I've been treating him with a spray w/ tea tree oil, chamomile, and aloe vera, as well as an antibiotic ointment. He has also been getting a nutritional supplement for his joints (I have to put it in a syringe, open his mouth, then squirt it on his tongue). So, I'm beginning to think he's getting mad at me maybe? Duke lives with my boyfriend and I and Duke has definitely been favoring my boyfriend over me lately!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!