Thread: Porky Yorkie
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 05:19 PM   #7
Junebug
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie
We all need to be strict like Junebug and teach our Yorkies to "go to their bed" or corner or whereever when we are eating ourselves. That seems to work, as I don't recall Junebug saying she has a problem with Otis being overweight or begging for food anymore. :P
Hey, you make me sound like the Wicked Witch of the West!!

Of course, sometimes I slip and give Otis a morsel or two here and there because he's sooo cute, but I really try to wait until the end of my meal....in fact, there's usually a little area on my plate with little pieces of meat that I'm saving for Otis later.

Bettyeanne....you might also consider the fact that Toto's hair is longer and that adds couple of ounces to her weight....and was she wearing her harness at the time you weighed her? That adds ounces, too.

Reminds me of me....everytime I get on the scale, I make sure I'm buck naked to make sure I don't add unnesessary pounds that don't belong to me!

Otis definitely weighs more with his long hair in the wintertime. He has thick, wavey hair, and I believe it adds a couple of ounces to his overall weight...but he's always been around 7 pounds.
Junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!