View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #24
Lacy's Mom
YT 3000 Club Member

I think all of us are in agreement here that no amount of money is too much for our dogs since they are like children to us. Sometimes I think people say that maybe to "help" you not feel guilty and make a rational judgment call based on circumstances and not emotions.

Just last week I was guilty myself in saying "are you sure you want to pay this amount of money?" The situation was that a friend of my daughter's puppy got his leg torn off by a Pitbull. Both dogs were fenced and this still happened. Anyway, she had only had the free puppy for a day and the bills were going to be over a thousand dollars, plus the puppy was going to be in a lot of pain obviously for a while. The bills turned out to be even more because it kept getting reinfected. The dog is doing really well now on three legs, but the girl is going to be buried under the charges for quite some time. Logically, it did make since to put the dog down and get another from the litter, but emotionally she couldn't do this (not sure I could have either, but my financial situation is better than hers).
Lacy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!