Thread: I did it!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 07:04 AM   #15
magnolia
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry
We will probably be posting more now that the snow is going to keep us in!!! Do you get snow? I don't post alot...I am more of a reader....I usually only post if I feel I can help somebody....

Have a great weekend Suzi!
Snow?? Is that the white stuff that falls from the sky??....LOL!!!! I AM being sarcastic, aren't I?!?!? Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on who you talk to), it is a rare occurrence for us to get snow here although we have had it in the past. There are times, like this past winter, where we had snow flurries that lasted all of 10 minutes, no accumulation at all. The last time we got snow here was New Years Eve 2000 and when it finished on New Years Day 2001, we had about 4 inches, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. We had our 20th high school reunion that night with the class a head of us (joint reunion). It started snowing lightly around 9:00 that night and by 11:00, the security guards were coming around to all the tables telling us if we wanted to make it home, we had to leave now as they were closing streets all over town. Vicksburg is a VERY "hilly" area and when we get ice or snow, it brings our town to a virtual halt! In normal driving conditions, it would have taken us about 10-15 minutes to get home - we left at 11:00 and got home at 11:59 - just in time to welcome in 2001!!

Yes, I'm normally a reader of posts myself but have found that lately, I'm coming out of my "shell" and posting more. Like you, I try to post on those threads where I feel I can offer advice (or at least second that already given).

I hope you have a great week-end too!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!