View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 10:24 AM   #3
Yorkie3
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
I took Hootie in this morning to be spayed. I dropped her off at 7:45am and they called me at 8:40am to tell me that she had made it out of surgery fine and she was doing well. The vet usually makes spay/neuter patients stay overnight, but they are letting me pick Hootie up this evening and not spend the night if I promise to keep her crated, and warm, and well taken care of. Of course I will.

When I dropped Hootie off this morning, I asked them to pull her retained baby teeth, but when they called they said that they did not notice that she had any retained baby teeth. I know that she has been losing teeth left and right, but I know for sure that her canines were still baby teeth bc I could feel the adult teeth cutting through the gum. They said that all her teeth were so tiny that they really couldn't tell a difference between the baby teeth and the adult teeth unless there were doubles, which they didn't see any of. And, since they couldn't tell a difference, they said they didn't want to pull any teeth until the adult teeth were in all the way. I had a feeling this was going to happen. I am a little perturbed because I waited a little longer to have her fixed so they could pull her baby teeth at the same time so I wouldn't have to pay and have her put down again to get teeth pulled. My vet did say that if she needed baby teeth pulled later, I could bring her back in and they would give her just a tiny bit of gas and pull those really quickly and I wouldn't have to pay.

Hootie is 6 months old today. Do you think she has MORE baby teeth than just her canines? Or should she be done teething by now except for the canines? Anyone else have any thoughts on how the vet handled this?
When I had Izzie spayed on 10/18 they pulled 6 teeth. She was almost 9 months old. Don't know if that helps your question or not. She did have double canines though.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!