View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 10:22 AM   #22
luzangela428
Maximus "Lily's Love Slave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky-S
Yes, I know what you are saying. However, We have carpet everywhere except kitchen area. We feel bad to put him in the kitchen area when we are home because we block him in the kitchen area when we have to go to work. As you know puppies pee very frequently. Most of time, we didn't even notice when he pees. Yes, sometimes we discuss to leave him in the kitchen area few weeks until he gets well trained for the house breaking. But it's easy said than done. We already feel very bad as we have to leave him alone for the daytime. Do you have any other ideas to train him house breaking without lock him in the specific area. Meanwhile, vet told us that we should not take Sparky out more often as he is too young and easy to pick up some worms and fleas. It's really confused us.
A little off topic..but as far as your potty taining issue..we have hardwood floors in our apartment and Maximus pees on his pads 99.99% of the time..but if he sees a towel on the ground (the one you step on when you get out of the shower), he thinks it's a wee wee pad, the other day I changed the sheets and left a pillowcase on the floor by accident when I put them in the laundry..he went and peed on it...., and when we go to my moms or my bf mother (who have carpet)..he pees on there because I think he has a problem differentiating with what is supposed to be peed on and what isn't. I think he thinks the house is a giant pee pad..the only places he will go on the pad in their houses is in the kitchen (we have baby gates there for him)..if he has free range he would much rather pee on his "OVERSIZED WEE WEE PAD"..does anyone have any experience with this?
luzangela428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!