View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
Amyluv
Yorkie Talker

Hi Nicole, TJ and Roxy
Thank you so much for responding, since I haven't been able to talk with anyone that has a yorkie or any breed that has collapsing trachea, this will be helpful to get to talk with you.

What I am wondering is, does Roxy cough all the time, constantly when she is walking, constantly when she is lying down, sometimes not ever being able to stop?

Does Roxy get a lot of mucus in her throat, or sounding like it is in her nose?

Does she go through periods where she doesn't want to eat?

How old is Roxy, and how long has she had collapsing trachea?

My little amy baby has all these symptoms and much much more, nowhere we've been, ehich is a lot of places even out of state, has given us answers as to whether Amy has Kennel cough along with Collapsing trachea, or if the trachea on an Xray looks like a collapsing trachea just because of inflammation because of kennel cough, etc
There are I am sure very sophisticated tests they can do at universitys, but she is 14 years old, and it has not been recommended. So our hope has been to find someone like yourself that has a baby going through collapsing trachea as well, to see if any of these symptoms are common,
Amy baby has had this for a while now, her mucus is in her nose and throat, and sounds like when a person has a sinus infection, and bronchitis. Antibiotics have not helped her, I have tried them all. Benadryl did work once, but never did again. So we are still researching to try to help her.
Anything that you can share of what Roxy goes through would be ever so helpful to know.
Thanks,
Rachel and Amy baby
Amyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!