View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #6
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma081904
So, I leave out dry food for Emma all day (Royal Canine for Yorkies) and at night feed her some wet food (canned Pedigree, usually the lamb and rice for puppies). With that said -- I've got a couple of questions:

2. She doesn't really eat her dry food. Is there anything I can add to make it more appealing, and still leave it out during the day? I don't want to overfeed her, though I'd like her to fatten up.

and lastly - How do you get a yorkie to "fatten up"? Emma looks a little thin.

Also -- I've got some snack questions as well..

What do you guys give your dogs as snacks? I don't know what's healthy and what's just bad for them, and I'm afraid to give them human food because I'm afraid she'll like it and then not eat her puppy food.

HELP please. I feel like I'm such a paranoid mom

1. Is Pedigree a good brand? I don't know what's really good for their diet quite yet, and I want to give her something that'll give her all the nutrition. She likes wet food the best.

Pedigree is not that great....has by products in it...I only feed the furbabies dog food made with human grade products.

AND...those Dentabones...are they able to chew/eat those? I've been afraid to give her those as well because the packages say they are not made for toy breeds.

A member just posted on here that her yorkie almost chocked to death on one of these..I read alot of members use bully sticks...I haven't seen them in any of the stores I go into...I just give them nylabones to chew on...you could try a kong.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!