View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 08:36 AM   #11
Chrissy0277
Its all about the yorkies
Donating Member

I had 2 removed. One was a mole and the other was a little weird thing on my hip, it didnt even look like a mole. Dr removed it and said it doesnt look like its anything. 3 weeks later I got a phone call I had melanoma it was in the first stages of it. It was in a spot that doesnt even see the sun, guess its one of those weird things that just happen. I had to have MOHS skin surgery ( http://www.mohscollege.org/AboutMMS.html ) and they removed the entire area around it. They did a full body MRI and everything came back normal. A cosmetic surgeon did the surgery so I had a very little scar. The area they removed was so big I could probably stick my hand it the hole before they closed it up. It healed nicely. The other mole I had removed was nothing, but now since I had skin cancer any mole that shows up needs to be removed.
When the dr checked my entire body for moles (very embarassing your standing there half naked while the drs check you all over) and she said I actually had the clearest skin shes ever seen, so I guess thats good news
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!